Thursday 28 March 2013

Tip top tastic

Pattern: McCall's 6563

Size: S

Fabric: Cosy stretch knit from Mason's


 
 
 
I haven't made many tops yet and thought it was about time I branched out. I really liked the casual, yet pretty look of this pattern and it was a great excuse to buy some fabric I'd been lusting after for months in Mason's. It wasn't cheap so I could never quite justify buying a dress's worth, but I only needed 1m for this top so treated myself.
 
As for the pattern, it was super easy. It's just two pieces with a built-in front facing, so the whole thing took a couple of hours and turned out beautifully! I went a size smaller than I usually would, but wanted it to be a bit more fitted than it was intended, and I'm really happy with how it turned out.
Not much more to say, really, except I'll definitely be making more versions!
 
 
Lovely drapey neckline


Flattering dip hem at the back



 

No comments:

Post a Comment