Wednesday 19 December 2012

Liebster award!




One Crafty Minx has been nominated for a Liebster Award by the gorgeous girls at Tea for Two Diary. Thanks, ladies! I must confess I hadn't heard of this award until recently but it is possibly one of the nicest, most positive things around.

The Liebster Award is an award set up to bring recognition to and increase viewership for blogs with fewer than 200 followers.

As part of the award I now have to tell you 11 facts about myself:

1. By day, I'm a production editor for a medical communications agency.
2. I love country music.
3. I have an insatiable appetite for hugs.
4. I am a big fan of market towns.
5. I have a fear of pipes. Yes, pipes.
6. I would always choose a starter over a dessert.
7. I was vegetarian for 18 years. But now ribs are one of my favourites.
8. I have a Blue Peter badge.
9. I write to two death row in-mates.
10. I'm happiest frolicking in the countryside with my big and little minxes.
11. I'm old before my time and love a good Horlicks before bed.


Now for the fun questions set by Elena and Jen!

1.What's the most rewarding thing about blogging, for you?
   I thought it would be seeing my progress, but actually I'm loving the blogging
   community and how nice and supportive everyone is of each other.
   It's how the world should be.

2. What's your favourite book?
    Either The Shipping News, The Count of Monte Cristo, or Return of the Native.

3. Are you a morning person, or a night owl, and why?
    Definitely a morning person. Mainly because I struggle to stay awake
    past about  11pm. Rock AND roll.

4. What are you hoping Santa brings you this year?
    Some sewing patterns. :-)

5. What's your favourite food?
    Tricky, as I love good in general. But I think cheese probably wins.

6. Who has been the biggest inspiration in your life?
    Not to sound cheesy, but probably my lovely boyfriend, Dan. He's  
    ambitious and focussed, fun and crazy, but just sensible enough.

7. What's your favourite TV programme?
    Loving Mad Men and 30 Rock at the moment but overall, probably
    Whose Line Is It Anyway. The UK version, of course.

8. What's your favourite thing to do at the weekend?
    Go for a long walk with a pub lunch. Heaven.

9. Other than the current one, which era of history would you
    most like to have lived in?
    The 1950s. Not great for women, granted, but the clothes and homewares!!!

10. How many languages do you speak?
      One and a pitiful amount of a second (French).

11.Who would you most like to be trapped in a lift (elevator,
      for our non-English friends) with?
      Hmmm...Dan or my best friend Lou as we're least likely
      to annoy each other. :-)


I would like to ask the following questions of my nominees:

1. What has made you smile today?
2. What song makes you turn the radio off?
3. What is your irrational fear?
4. What destination is top of your holiday list?
5. If you could do anything as a career, what would it be?
6. What is your favourite item in your house?
7. What is your exercise of choice? If any...!
8. What are you most likely to be doing when you're not blogging?
9. What is the last film you saw at the cinema?
10. What is your favourite weather?
11. Do you have a speciality in the kitchen?


And the nominees are:

Action Science Theatre
Cuckoo Chanel
Sewn by Whim Wham
The Bookworm Sewist
A Handmade Tale

These are all bloggers I follow regularly and inspire me with their great work. I should be nominating six, but am leaving it at five as all the other blogs I follow are doing too well on the follower front!

No comments:

Post a Comment